Prayer for Israel and Nations
1.Pray for Israel’s Salvation and Peace of Jerusalem
Psalms 122:6-7 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you! Peace be within your walls and security within your towers!”
Mark 7:6-9 “And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!”
Jeremiah 31:33-34 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, “Know the LORD,” for they shall all know me, “from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
- Pray for Israel’s Salvation: Dear Father, we come before Your throne of grace and ask You to forgive Israel for not knowing You. Forgive them for honoring the teachings and traditions of men more than You. Although they are well versed in Torah, they do not know Your truth. Lord, reveal Your truth to them so that their hearts will no longer be blinded by men’s traditions. You shall fulfill the word of Your promise to Israel in Jeremiah 31:33-34and they will come to know Jesus as their Messiah and receive true peace.
- Pray for Those Who Participate in the Gay Pride Parade: [Background:The Gay Pride Parade event has been scheduled in 8 Israeli cities between 6/8-8/2; the finale of the event will take place in Jerusalem on 8/2.] Lord, let Your mercy and love come upon those who participate in the Gay Pride event. Open their eyes that they might know Your grace and be saved. Stretch out Your mighty arm to intervene and stop the Gay Pride activities from taking place in Jerusalem. Let the anointing of Your victory fill Jerusalem bringing great glory to You. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.
2.Pray for Iran
[Current event: The US withdrew Iran’s nuclear agreement in May and will reinstate severe economic sanctions against Iran in August. Iran’s main revenue is crude oil and so far several countries have temporarily suspended oil import oil from Iran, which will greatly affect Iran’s economy. Iran has just recently emerged from economic depression since 2016, many are now very worried: the public goes to the streets to protest and the business sector exhibits great concern and anxiety. China also condemned Iran for not committing itself to maintain peace and stability in the Mideast. We pray that the economic sanction against Iran would be successful, so that Iran will be willing to denuclearize like North Korea. Let there be no more wars and people living a peaceful and quiet life.]
Psalm 82:8 “Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all the nations!”
Roman 9:17 ”For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”
Jeremiah 49:38-39 “I will set my throne in Elam and destroy their king and officials, declared the LORD. But in the latter days I will restore the fortunes of Elam, declares the LORD.”
Arise, Father, judge and transform Iran because Iran is Your inheritance. Even though the leaders of Iran harden their hearts like Pharaoh of old, You will show Your power in them, and that Your name might be proclaimed in all the earth. You shall fulfill the word of Your promise in Jeremiah 49: You will set Your throne in Elam (present day Iran) and remove their evil king and officials so that people can live a peaceful life.You will restore the fortunes of Elam and bring them back to You and into the Kingdom of Your Son and joy of salvation. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen!
3.Pray for the Persecuted Christians in Nigeria
[Current events: Nigerian Christians were attacked for 4 consecutive days on 6/22-25, resulting in 11 Christian villages in Plateau State being razed to the ground with more than 200 dead and thousands of people without home. These attacks were targeted as part of an integrated plan to Islamize Nigeria. In 2018 alone Fulani militants in central Nigeria have killed more than 6000 Christians along with burning houses and churches. Some new believers have forsaken their faith because of prejudice and poor living conditions. As persecutions of Christians around the world intensify, we need to pray fervently for our suffering brothers and sisters.]
Acts 12:5 “So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-11 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Dear Abba Father,
We ask You to stop the violent attacks and persecution against Christians with Your mighty power: bring offenders to justice and terminate any movement to “Islamize” Nigeria. Mobilize the global church to pray earnestly for the persecuted Christians. Let the Lord speak to those in Nigeria, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Let the power of Christ rest upon them so that they will stand firm and remain patient and strong in faith in all their persecutions and tribulations. We pray for the martyrs, their families, and the destroyed churches and homes. Lord, bring goodness from the ashes and turn the present sufferings into a great glory in the future. Send the Spirit of Shalom to the communities and raise up Christian ministries to support and comfort them. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen!
4.Pray for China’s Transformation and Destiny
[Background: Since the implementation of the revised Regulations on Religious Affairs on 2/1/18, the situation of Christians in China has worsened drastically: Christian activities are now being monitored strictly. However, some cults like the Eastern Lightning were also banned by the Chinese government.]
Nahum 1:7 “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.”
Daniel 11:32 “The people who know their God shall stand firm and prevail.”
Isaiah 41:15 “Behold, I make of you a threshing sledge, new, sharp, and having teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and crush them…”
Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel… until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
- Pray for the Church in China: Abba Father, You are good to the church in China and a stronghold in the days of her trouble. Thank You for using the religious policy to refine the church; let them draw closer to You and be rooted deeper in Your love as they prepare themselves to be the Bride of Christ. Give Your children wisdom and strategy to stand firm and prevail in difficult times. Bless the network used by intercessors to be effective and free from any obstacles, so that the knowledge of the Kingdom of God will advance speedily. Bless prayer altars across the land and raise up more intercessors to pray for China with one heart, that China would be transformed intoan army of prayer warriors and evangelists, a new instrument of threshing sledge, sharp, and having teeth preparing the way for the glory of King Jesus.
- Pray for the Government and President Xi Jinping: We pray for President Xi Jinping. We commit his thoughts and mind in Your hands; guide him to know the truth of Your salvation. We ask You to surround him with wise and godly counselors and remove corruption and injustice in the government. Help him govern China with wisdom, mercy, righteousness, integrity, and justice. In addition, give him wisdom to deal with the trade disputes with the US. We ask You to especially bless China’s relations with Taiwan, America and Israel. Let China’s relations with the nations be in the will of God. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen!
5.Pray for the Crises in Taiwan
[Current events: Taiwan is currently facing unprecedented crises: 1) The same-sex marriage bill and the crisis of immoral health education; 2) Rampant Idolatry: In the past two years, the practice of idolatry has become rampant such as idol processions/pilgrimages and all sort of temple activities and worship ceremonies. This has greatly offended God; 3) The crisis of the Taiwan Independence movement: The Taiwan Independence movement is currently gaining strength causing great tension between China and Taiwan; 4) The invasion of Muslim: Mayor of Taipei, WenzheKe, is promoting Muslim culture by setting up a Muslim prayer room in both the city hall and the Taipei Railway Station. In addition, the Turkish government plans to fund the construction of a new mosque in Taipei. There are nearly 300,000 Indonesian migrant workers in Taiwan and most of whom are Muslims. In addition, the government’s new Southbound Policy will bring in more Muslim from Southeast Asia. At present, there are more than 10,000 Muslim students enrolled in universities in Taiwan. They actively organize Islamic clubs on campus, set up prayer rooms, and provide halal food, etc. They also zealously promote Islam on campus.]
Joel 2:12-15 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster. Who knows whether he will not turn and relent and leave a blessing behind him…. Blow the trumpet in Zion; consecrate a fast; call a solemn assembly.“
Psalms 89:14-15 “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before you. Blessed are the people…who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face.”
Isaiah 42:10, 12 “Sing to the Lord a new song, sing his praise from the end of the earth, you the islands and the coastlands and their inhabitants. Let them give glory to the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands and coastlands.”
2 Thessalonians 3:1 “Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you.”
- Pray for the Church to Rise Up: Lord, the wicked in Taiwan run rampant, and evil is exalted among the people. We ask You for mercy! Lord, raise up the church to stand in the gap for Taiwan as priests to repent and intercede. Let them rend their hearts, humble themselves and pray, and seek the Lord’s face so that Taiwan would turn away from its wicked ways. Let the church hold frequent solemn assemblies so that more tears of repentance would be gathered before the throne. Then the Lord will hear from heaven, forgive the sins of Taiwan, and heal their land. We pray that the Lord will establish the throne of righteousness and justice in Taiwan and the people will walk in the light of Your face and declare Your praise in the islands and coastlands. (Isaiah 42:10, 12)
- Let the Church Transform Muslims: Because of Taiwan’s new Southbound Policy, many Muslims are coming to Taiwan. We thank the Lord for bringing them to Taiwan to receive the gospel of truth. We ask the Lord to swing wide open the gate of salvation and sent forth workers to gather the harvest. Let the church love Muslim as Christ loves them; give them a heart of love and understanding in place of fear and misunderstanding. Use the church to transform Muslims in Taiwan to know the One true God. We pray that when teachers and students on campus come in contact with the teaching of Islam, they will be given great discernment. Most importantly, let Christian share the gospel with Muslim students with a heart of mission and love.
- Pray for Those in Power: We pray that You will grant leaders in Taiwan a heart of wisdom, fear of the Lord, and love for the people, that they might establish sound policies for people to live a peaceful and quiet life. We also ask the Lord to reign in hearts of the leaders in both Taiwan and China that they will release goodwill to each other, communicate in peace, and embrace each other with love. We declare that under the leadership of Jesus Christ, the China-Taiwan relation would have a breakthrough beyond human comprehension. Send them revivals to glorify Your name!We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen!
6.Pray for Truth Peace in North Korea
Dear father, we pray that any plan to interfere with the Korean denuclearization will be like the whirling dust and chaff before the wind. Help Kim Jong-unmake a sincere effort to fulfill His commitment to President Trump for true peace. Let Kim and his staffs corporate fully with the US National Security Chief Advisor, Bolton, and Secretary of States, Pompeo. Let the denuclearization process proceed smoothly without any hindrance. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen!