Prayer for the Churches
1.Repentance for Sins of: Greed, Avarice, Covetedness, Discontent and like to Compete and Compare
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”(Exodus 20:17)
“Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature:sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.” (Colossians 3:5)
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.” (1 Timothy 6:10-11)
Forgive Sin of Greed: Lord, we confess that we often love the world and the worldly things, full of earthly desires and not being contented. We like to pursue falsehoods, powers and wealth, envy or covet for things belonged to others, compete for selfish ambition and thus, we form fractions out of selfish agenda. We blame or exploit each other. Our behaviors are no different than that of the secular world. It brings harms and divisions to pastors, brothers and sisters and even to the whole church. We ourselves are also downcast and lose peace and joy. Knowing that greed is the same as idolatry, we still sin against you. Please forgive us!
The Lord’s Cleansing and Renewing: Lord Jesus, we ask You to cleanse our sins with Your precious blood. Please make us a clean heart and give us an upright spirit. Oh Lord, we are willing to reject all mentality and vices related to greed, avarice, covetedness. We will take off the old self , which was enticed by selfish desires and has deteriorated gradually, and humbly pursue godly virtues such as justice, godliness, faith, love , patience and gentleness. By the power of the Holy Spirit, break all the bondage and make every effort to keep the unity of the Holy Spirit so that the church may manifest Your glory and lead more people to the Lord.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen!
2.Bless the Church Leaders and Pastors
We pray for the church leaders, especially the leaders listed below that participating in the 247 East Coast Fire Wall (and your leaders who are not on the list):
- New York:Allen& Grace Chang, Deborah Yuan, Anna Chen, Amos & YingMei Mo
- New Jersey:David& Melody Peng, Tom & Julia, Stanley & Mabel Chung, Fred & Molica Hsu, Tony & Tina Chong
- Pennsylvania:George& Marliou Lu, Jewell Mathews， Emmanuel & Joula Tandean, Mike & Jill Edelman
- Maryland: YiNan & Esther Hu, LuSa & Tongli Su, Francis & Clara Chow, Tawei & Chun Cheng
- New Hampshire: Minh & Suzu Phan
- Texas:Ray & Ruth Chen
Prosper even as their soul prosper: Abba Father, please nurture every pastor with fresh spiritual food; bless the leaders with prosperity, good health, just as their soul prosper (3 John 2:2), Bless them to glorify God in everything they do, they will receive wisdom, joy, peace, and walk with God, in all their ways they acknowledge You, and do everything properly, having favor with God and man, keep them from temptations, no weapon forms against them will prosper, deliver them from evil, bless them coming in and going out.
Bless the family members of the Pastors: Dear Lord Jesus, please bless every pastor’s family, parents and children, that they may enjoy every day that the Lord gives, when they are in good health. May they experience your healing and shalom when they are physically challenged. According to Your glorious richness, provide for the households of pastors more than they need, physically, spiritually and financially.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen!
3.Prayer Wave – From East Coast 247 Prayer Wall, Global 40-Day Prayer and Fasting to the “Converge” Homecoming gathering
[Current events: “2018 Global 40 Day Prayer and Fast” will start on August 1st until September 9. On July 31st and August 1st, Pastors from Taiwan will hold a kick off prayer meeting in Taichung and Hong Kong respectively. Churches or ministries from Taiwan, Israel, the United States, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and other nations will participate. More than 100 countries are expected to participate, forming a huge prayer wave. The “Converge” homecoming gathering will be held at IHOPKC between 9/19-9/22/2018. ]
Ask of me and I will give you nations , the ends of earth as your possession (Psalm 2:8)
“Even now,” declares the Lord, return to me with all your heart with fasting and weeping and mourning. Rend your hear and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Who knows? He may turn and relent and leave behind a blessing— grain offerings and drink offerings for the Lord your God. Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly (Joel 2:12-15)
Lord, we come to You and thank You for raising a wave of prayers among the global churches and the body of Christ. May the Spirit of supplication come upon us. For individuals, families, churches and cities, we call on Your healing and renewal, and Your mercy to reverse the uneasiness and chaos in the nations. May You pour out Your Holy Spirit upon churches and usher in the revival and pave the way for You!
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen
4.Pray for the churches participating in 247 Prayer Wall
- New Jersey First Presbyterian Church, Palisades Park NJ: Please pray that the church will align with the Lord. May Holy Spirit move the elders and deacons to see the calling and plan for Pastor Peng and the church. 2. Thank God for healing Mrs. Melody Peng’s hands. Please continue to pray for her complete healing from pains. 3. Thank God for keeping and blessing Pastor Peng that his heart may rest in the Lord.
- 24 prayer center in New York:Declare the 24/7 prayer center is the house of the Lord, the foundation of Truth， lead by God’s spirit, full of grace and truth. Thank God for complete and speedy healing of Pastor Anna Chen.
- East Coast Fire Wall Editorial Team: Bless the team and everyone, everything that is connected with the team members, Give them a sensitive and sharp discernment to the leading of God, so that they can accurately receive the word of God and be able to put them into appropriate prayers with power and accuracy.
- Global “Fire Wall Message” Transmission Team: [ Update: Ruth and her team are going to help those people who are in need in some dangerous regions. ] Please pray God’s blessing upon the families of Ruth and the team. May God protect them and watch their coming in and going out.